Fairness WV is hiring a Development
& Administrative Associate
Fairness West Virginia, the statewide nonprofit LGBTQ civil rights organization, seeks a Development & Administrative Associate to join our growing team. Our mission is to ensure that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender West Virginians can be open, honest, and safe at home, at work, and in the community.
This full-time position, which reports to the Executive Director, is responsible for development and outreach assistance, office operations, facilities management, and executive support.
Development and Outreach Support
– Learn and use Fairness West Virginia donor databases, internet research tools, and other resources to develop donor prospects lists for fundraising, and to cultivate volunteers and supporters.
– Process individual donations in a timely and accurate manner and produce timely functional correspondence, including donor acknowledgement letters, and maintain detailed donor records.
– Organize occasional special briefing events via Zoom for donors.
– Create a digital newsletter for donors.
– Engage in lower level donor solicitations by phone.
– Arrange and support donor engagement for the Executive Director to meet and surpass all development goals.
– Provide meeting and event planning support, including meeting materials and venue arrangements.
– Assist with grant research.
– Manage office operations involving mail, calendaring, supplies, copying and filing to provide seamless support to the Executive Director and other staff as needed.
– Maintain overall professional appearance of office, serve as liaison to many parties including (but not limited to) the landlord on facilities management, and bookkeeping services.
– Provide initial check requisition and cash receipt support.
– Support office information technology functions, basic troubleshooting, and maintenance.
– Assist with correspondence, memos, and reports for the Executive Director.
– Coordinate with the Executive Director on personnel matters.
– Assist with coordinating and overseeing volunteers (including recruitment, orientation, and ensuring board member volunteerism).
– Assistance with other projects as needed.
– Previous experience in fundraising or sales and office administration is preferred but not required.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience with a development database preferred.
– Demonstrated organizational skills and proficiency in office management and must exhibit solid oral and written skills to communicate with diverse audiences.
– Possess strong customer service skills to meet needs quickly and effectively and problem-solving skills with ability to propose and implement solutions.
– Team player who thrives in a small-office environment.
– Commitment to LGBTQ civil rights, diversity, and equity.
Salary dependent on experience. Benefits include generous medical, dental, and vision insurance (fully paid by employer), and vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to email@example.com. Applications should include “Development & Administrative Associate” in the subject field. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Fairness West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.