Fairness WV fights day in and day out, advocating for a statewide law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in matters of employment, housing, and public accommodations.
Fairness WV also works diligently to defeat legislation that disenfranchises and/or seeks to cause harm to the LGBT community in the Mountain State.
Each year, we advocate for three bills to make West Virginia a better place for LGBTQ people to live, work and raise a family. We need your help to fight for all three. Click one of the buttons below for more information.
- WV Lawmakers Adopt Amended Bill to Ban on Gender-Affirming Care
- Gov. Jim Justice signs the “License to Discriminate” Bill
- Tell lawmakers to oppose HB 2007
- WV Senate rushes to approve the License to Discriminate Bill
- Del. Ty Nestor caught using homophobic slurs, threatening ACLU staff member
- WV lawmakers are holding a public hearing this Friday on the License to Discriminate
- 🚨 House Judiciary will vote on the “License to Discriminate” tomorrow
- Mountaineers pack the Capitol for the Fairness For All Day
- VIDEO: Watch the full public hearing on House Bill 2007
- West Virginia Delegates vote to ban lifesaving medical care for transgender youth